Bell tower rededicated on the 1822 Old Tolland County Court House Museum on Sunday, Nov. 14

Thank you to the 40 supporters and donors to the Tolland Historical Society who turned out Nov. 14 to rededicate the bell tower on the Old Tolland County Court House Museum.

With many gifts, large and small, the society raised more than $100,000 to match a $100,000 state historic preservation grant to repair and restore the bell tower when extensive rot was found inside the structure holding the original bell.

Over five months this summer and fall, Valley Restoration of Torrington did an excellent job on the project. The society’s fundraising motto had been “Let History Ring!” and on Sunday, we were once again able to ring the bell.

The committee that oversaw the project, from left to right: consulting architect Robert Hurd, Society volunteer Dr. Sharron Laplante, Paul Bastiaane, president of Valley Restoration; Society President Kathy Bach; Society volunteer Dave Geissler and Vice President Celeste Senechal.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.